Howdy, ya’ll – okay that was a really bad attempt at being an authentic Texan.
Tomorrow, I hit the road to Austin, Texas for the Texas Library Association’s annual assembly meeting. What does that mean, you ask? Basically, we’re prepping for next year’s big conference in San Antonio 🙂 w00t! – and it’s gonna be a doozy.
Austin is a place I used to visit every summer as a kid (I’ve got a granny there), and my first reaction is: goddamn, it’s hot & humid. So, I’ve put together my top 5 travel essentials for business and pleasure and tips to stay cool.
1. DRY SHAMPOO– For the love of all the things, get you some of this. I have fine and somewhat greasy hair, but it’s colored, so I try to go several days without washing. Just spray it in and pat your head like you’ve got a weave and you’re good to go. Did I mention I got bangs? If you have bangs, too, spray the underside of them and when blow-drying, use a round brush to fluff ’em off your forehead a little.
2. DRESSES– Perfect for frolicking around city streets and catching a little breeze 😉
3. YOU DON’T NEED MAKEUP – but if you insist and sweat like me, wear a light mineral powder..otherwise, your face might melt just sayin’
4. CONTACTS– If you wear glasses like me, you know how terrible sweaty glasses feel. Austin is humid. Very humid. Wear contact lenses. Trust me.
5. CAMERA– I rarely go anywhere without my camera, and this time is no different. Plus, why wouldn’t you want a picture of this amazing spectacle?
Yes, those are bats. My very favorite thing about Austin.
What are you guys doing for summer? Any travel plans?