Hey oh – it’s Friday! It’s also the last Friday before all the students arrive back to campus, and right now it’s so quiet. I’m going to kind of miss the peace I’ve had this summer – well, if you count 6 weeks of it on maternity leave 😉 Anyway, since the semester is starting up soon, I’ve been very busy getting promotional and marketing material together for all of our upcoming library events as well as prepping to talk to incoming freshmen about why the library is awesome.
So, here’s my top 5 glorious things from this week:
1. Like I said, I’ve been making lots of promo material for students. I’ve really been trying to hone in on my design aesthetic, and I’m kind of proud of what I’ve been creating. Lately, I haven’t been feeling too creative, so it feels good to make stuff.
2. Tonight, I have dinner plans with my friends (and colleagues), Bonnie & Alex and their 2 little boys. Ava is so excited. I haven’t been over there in a while, so it will be good to see them before the semester starts.
3. I get to chicken-sit this weekend. Yes, you read that right, chicken-sit. Not to be confused with chicken-shit. (oh yeah, it’s def Friday). Jason and I are planning on getting our own chickens this Spring, so it’s always fun when I get to watch them for a friend. I love chickens, I love watching them. Here’s a creepy picture of me holding one:
4. I met with a rheumatologist for the first time this week. Ever since Wren was 2 weeks old, I started feeling stiff in my fingers and knees every morning that progressively got worse. When she was about 5 weeks old, I couldn’t even unscrew her bottle or snap her onsie. So, I went to the family doctor who referred me to the specialist – that was 7 weeks ago, and I’m just now starting to get answers. The likely diagnosis is Rheumatoid Arthritis, but it still could be some kind of random after-pregnancy thing. Anyway, it made me happy to get closer to the bottom of this (hence why it landed on my H54F post!)!
5. I’m reading this book, Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I was walking around the bookstore this past Sunday, as I usually do, and I saw it sitting there. Now, I’m not really one to purchase NYT best-sellers since I’ve got a HUGE shelf of unread books on my to-do list, but this book caught my eye. So far, it’s a kind of murder mystery mixed with stories of 3 women’s lives at particularly hard cross-roads. It’s not really something I ever thought I’d like, but I kind of do, and it’s an easy read that’s been keeping up too late every night this week 🙂
How has your week been? Any big plans – do anything awesome? Share!