5. I started college as a meteorology major. I graduated with a BA in English. As a kid, I had an obsession with the weather channel and my mom would record me in front of the muted TV. I never wanted to be on TV, but I am still very passionate about weather and plan on seeing some awesome storms this Spring. I went on to get a MS in Library Science and I am currently working on my MA in English. In the end, I became an academic librarian.
4. I have never been out of the country. I really want to travel, I just haven’t found the time (or the money 😉 )
3. I’ve always been concerned about the environment. I found a book that I made in 2nd grade about how I thought it was wrong to spear whales- haha. I was also in the Envirothon that year.
2. I’ve been playing the clarinet since 4th grade. I’m 25 years old and still play in the Amarillo Wind Ensemble.
1. Someday, I want to live in Montana on a ranch with chickens and a large garden to sustain myself. Ok, so some of you probably know that. I am meeting Rick Bass, author of Winter: Notes from Montana, in a few weeks, and I have admired him for so long, I’m afraid of passing out onto him.
What are some things I don’t know about you?