Woohoo–It’s finally Friday, and I feel like I’ve had a really productive week, which is going to make this weekend that much sweeter.
Here’s a look at some of my top moments this week:
1. Jason’s family is coming to visit us from Pennsylvania TODAY! We’ve been living in Texas now for 2 years, and this is the first time they’ve been able to come out. Of course, they have 3 children, so flying and traveling can be quite a feat in itself. I’m just excited for them to meet our sweet little girl, Wren.
2. I’m finally being cross-trained in the Circulation dept of the library. I’m super excited for this as I feel nostalgic for my undergraduate days behind the Big Desk. Alas, I will only be helping out for a few weeks, but it’s going to be so so sweet. 😀
3. I’ve decided that I will try my hand at making my own mayonnaise. Why, you ask? Because Alton Brown said so. Also, I want to make some delicious potato salad for Jason’s family and there’s nothing better than homemade mayo.
4. I made this delicious cake, and I’m planning on making it again for this weekend’s festivities:
5. Finally made some progress on my book proposal. My favorite UNT Librarian, Sian and I are hoping to submit it later this month to Library Juice Press – w00t! They publish excellent stuff.
Wrenny is so so cute!! Is she 5 months already?? Your cake looks fantastic. And yes – homemade mayonnaise is a great thing, much better than what we buy. Wishing you good luck in receiving your guests!
She’s only 2 months old! Well, 11wks yesterday 🙂 I can’t wait to try the Mayo – do you have a different recipe? I’ll let you know how the family visit goes!
Stopping by from #H54F. That cake looks amazing!
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Hi Tif – thanks for stopping by! The cake was amazing. I love blueberry/lemon combos 🙂